Quizzes are found in the Assessments drop-down menu.
1. Click Assessments to open the menu.
2. Click Quizzes.
3. You will see a list of quizzes in your course.
4. You can see the name of the quizzes, the date the quiz is available to take, and the number of attempts you are allowed and have already completed.
5. To take a quiz, click the name of the quiz.
6. After you click the name of the quiz, you will see a description of the quiz. To start the quiz, click Start Quiz! at the bottom of the page.
7. The question status area will be displayed on the left side of your window. This area shows which questions you have answered (saved) and which questions are not answered (not saved).
8. Once you have answered all of the questions, click Submit Quiz.
Depending on how your instructor has set up the quiz, you may see your final score immediately. Other times, your instructor must mark a quiz before you can view your score. Once your instructor has marked your quiz, the grade will be added to the Grades section of the course.
This is a secure internet browser for taking quizzes in D2L. It prevents printing, copying, and accessing other webpages and applications during a quiz.
If a D2L quiz requires that Respondus LockDown Browser be used, you will not be able to take the quiz with a standard web browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
The following video and instructions will explain how you can download, install, and use Respondus LockDown Browser.
If you would like to practice taking a quiz with Respondus LockDown Browser, please check out the Quizzes section in the LSS101 D2L Brightspace course.
Installing Respondus LockDown Browser
If you are taking a quiz off campus, you will need to install the Respondus LockDown Browser software on your device. To install the browser follow the steps below.
Please note that Respondus LockDown Browser is only available on Windows laptops, Mac laptops, and iPads. It will not work on a phone, Chromebook, or Android tablet.
1. Log into D2L and select the course the quiz is located in.
2. Click Assessments.
3. Click Quizzes.
4. Click the name of the quiz.
5. As shown below, a warning message will indicate that Respondus LockDown Browser is required for the quiz.
6. Click Download Respondus LockDown Browser.
7. Click Install Now.
8. Save and Run the file that downloads to your computer.
You do not need to install Respondus LockDown Browser each time. If you have already installed Respondus LockDown Browser and want to take a quiz, click Launch LockDown Browser instead of Download and install the latest version of LockDown Browser.
Respondus Monitor uses both Respondus LockDown Browser and your webcam to prevent printing, copying, and accessing other webpages and applications during a quiz. The webcam ensures that you are the correct person taking the test, that notes are not used, and that no one else is in the room. It is designed to prevent cheating during your quizzes and exams.
The following video will give you an overview of what Respondus Monitor is, why it is used, and show you what a quiz that uses it looks like.
If you would like to practice taking a quiz with Respondus Monitor, please check out the Quizzes section in the LSS101 D2L Brightspace course.
If you are currently studying in a post-secondary program at BVC, please register for your courses via mybvc to ensure your enrolments and fees are processed appropriately.
Cart total based on domestic tuition rates. For information about International Tuition rates please see Fee Information
If you anticipate applying for a student loan, your payment will be refunded to you based on your loan award once your funding has been received by BVC.