The easiest method to send someone a message in D2L is through the Classlist feature.
1. To access the Classlist feature, you must first select the course of the person that you wish to send your message to.
Note: The D2L message system is a closed system. That means that you can only send messages to your classmates and instructors. You are not able to send or receive messages from an external e-mail (like Gmail, Yahoo, or Outlook). The D2L message system is also not the same as your student @mybvc.ca e-mail.
2. After you have selected the course, click the Communication tab on the navigation bar, below the name of your course.
3. From the Communication drop-down menu, click Classlist
4. You will now see a list of everyone (classmates and instructor) who is in that class with you. To send a message to someone, simply click on their name.
5. Once you click on the person's name, a Compose New Message window will appear. You can type your message and then click Send.