Leadership Experience and Development (LEAD) Workshops
Improve your leadership skills and your student experience with the LEAD series.
The LEAD series offers the following benefits:
- A better on-campus experience
- Personal and professional development
- Networking opportunities with different groups at the College
- The potential to improve your leadership
- The chance to meet other learners
To qualify for your LEAD Certificate, you need to meet these requirements:
- Take at least five LEAD workshops (no pre-registration needed).
- Do at least 10 hours of campus volunteering.
Once you've met the requirements, you'll get your LEAD Certificate. The work you've done will also be added to your co-curricular record.
Check out available LEAD events
Life Leadership: “In Good Times and Hard Times"
What is your definition of Life Leadership and do you know why it is critical in achieving the life and career you desire and deserve? Do you want to learn how to be a Leader not only when everything is going well, but also when you are in the middle of a life storm?
This 3 hour workshop will provide participants with the foundation to better understand the importance, as well as, the principles of Life Leadership. You will learn why it is impossible to achieve your goals and dreams until you are able to demonstrate leadership within your own Life.
What to Expect in this workshop:
* A better understanding of what defines Life Leadership
* Why Life Leadership is so fundamental to your career, relationships, and personal challenges
* Learn the components of Life Leadership and why they should be important to you
* How to be a leader in difficult times
* Learn to ask the right questions in your life….what is your Why behind your What?
* A fun team learning environment with an opportunity to share with others
Why not invest more in yourself and register for this exciting and fun workshop!!!
Tuesday, February 18, 2020
8:30AM to 11:30AM
Other LEAD opportunities:
All sessions are one-hour long. Register here
Volunteering is a great way to pursue a passion and connect with a community.
Jan 15 | 11:15 am | S3020
Feb 5 | 12:45 pm | N231
How do you RISE?
Reaching for Individual Success Everyday (RISE) helps learners make a plan for success and connect them to available resources.
Jan 15 | 12:45 pm | S3020
Feb 5 | 11:15 am | N231
Vision Board: Dream it, believe it, do it.
Take a moment to consider your goals and create a vision board for your success!
Jan 22 | 11:15 am | S2011
Feb 12 | 12:30 pm | N426
Sharpen Your Presentation Skills & Wow the Audience
Improve your presentation skills and your overall confidence!
Jan 22 | 12:45 pm | S2011
Feb 12 | 11:00 am | N418
True Colors for Career & Leadership Development
Learn about your strengths, and those of others, and build positive relationships at home, at school and at work.
Jan 29 | 11:15 am | S3020
Feb 26 | 12:45 pm | S3020
Come and learn how to connect with new people and increase your confidence in making new friends.
Jan 29 | 12:45 pm | S3020
Feb 26 | 11:15 am | S3020
Financial Self-Care: Tame Your Fears and Take Charge
If you are feeling stressed about money, it can get in the way of your studies. This session can help you achieve financial balance!
Jan 30 | 10:30 am | N440
Feb 6 | 1:30 pm | S4021
For more details click here