What is a co-curricular record?
It's a record of your participation in activities organized by Bow Valley College. Each activity is linked to skills and abilities. You can use it when you're applying for jobs or awards, or more post-secondary education. It’s a great tool to organize and plan your accomplishments.
What are the benefits of a Co-Curricular Record?
- A better resume
- Proof of involvement when you apply for awards and scholarships
- A great addition when you apply to other schools
What types of activities can I use on my Co-Curricular Record?
- Workshops, presentations, or learning sessions outside of your classes
- Volunteering organized by Bow Valley College
- Certificates (Mental Health First Aid, Applied Suicide and Intervention Training)
- Awards and scholarships received at Bow Valley College
- Students' Association of Bow Valley College involvement
What does it look like?
See a sample report.
Why should I get involved?
There are plenty of reasons to get involved at the College. By getting involved, you can:
- get experience to help you find a job
- develop skills
- meet new people
- build your professional network
- strengthen your scholarship or award applications
- strengthen future school applications
- be a role model
- make a difference
- have fun!
Where can I find volunteering opportunities?
You'll find them in Student eNews. The newsletter is sent to your myBVC email address every other Monday.
What are examples of Co-Curricular opportunities?
There are lots of one-time and ongoing events throughout the year, including:
- Bow Valley College Cares events
- LEAD events
- New Student Orientation volunteering
- Intercultural Centre events
- and many more!
How does my involvement get recorded?
Make sure you sign in whenever you go to a Bow Valley College workshop, presentation, or special event. Look for a sign-in sheet to record your name and student number. The event organizer will enter the record in your student profile after the event.
Getting a copy
When can I get a copy of my Co-Curricular Record?
Whenever you need to! But usually you get it when you graduate, apply for awards, or apply for jobs.
How do I get a copy of my Co-Curricular Record?
You can request a copy of your Co-Curricular Record by completing and submitting the Co-Curricular Records Request Form.
Check out the following events that might be of interest to you:
Co-curricular 101 Session
Staff and Faculty CCR 101 Session