2019 T2202 tax receipts are now available for download in your MyBVC student portal. To access this, log into MyBVC.ca and navigate to "Registration" and then "T2202 Tax Receipt."

Our form are produced in accordance with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) guidelines. Prior to 2019, these forms were called a "T2202A."


Frequently asked questions about T2202 tax receipts

Students in post-secondary programs, open studies, credit extension, and most non-credit Continuing Education courses (from 2018 onward) receive forms. Canada Revenue Agency guidelines do not allow tax receipts to be issued for English Language Learning (ELL) and Academic Upgrading courses.

The student must also:
  • have paid a minimum of $100 in a taxation year for tuition fees;
  • have attended a program for a minimum of three consecutive weeks and at least 12 hours per month; and
  • be 16 years of age or older.

More information about eligible programs can be found on the Canada Revenue Agency website.

Your T2202 will include the following fee types that were due during the taxation year:
  • Tuition fees and taxes
  • Materials fees
  • Student service fees
  • Health and dental fees

Student Association Fees, Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) fees, miscellaneous administrative fees (course extension, rush transcript fees, etc.) and book costs are not eligible for T2202s.

The T2202 is based on the tax year (January to December), not on the school year. If you paid for a course in December, but the start date of the course is in January of the following year, the tuition paid will show on next year's T2202.
Yes, you will see both payments as long as you paid for them.
Yes, you will receive a T2202. Both tuition and hours completed will appear on the tax form.

Bow Valley College produces T2202 tax forms for learners in eligible programs by February 28 each year.
T2202s for 2008 and future years will be available to students on the MyBVC student web portal. You will be able to access and print your T2202 free of charge directly from the student web portal.
If you require a T2202 tax receipt for a taxation year prior to 2008, you can request one in person at the Office of the Registrar located at the South Campus or by contacting the College at studentaccounts@bowvalleycollege.ca or 403-410-1400.

If you feel fees that were paid in the taxation year should be eligible, you can submit your receipts as proof of payment as part of your taxes to the Canada Revenue Agency. If you don't have a copy of your receipts, please contact Registrar Services at the Office of the Registrar.

Please note that Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to access your T2202. If you are having trouble downloading your T2202 tax receipt, please email studentaccounts@bowvalleycollege.ca. You will need to provide the following information in your email:

  • Your question/inquiry
  • Your full name (including middle name if you have one)
  • Your Bow Valley College Student ID number
  • Your birthdate
  • Your phone number and mailing address

If you feel you have an adjustment that should be made on your T2202, you can send an email to studentaccounts@bowvalleycollege.ca. You will be contacted and may be asked to provide receipts.
If you are looking for assistance on how to file your taxes, you will need to contact the Revenue Canada Office. Bow Valley College does not provide assistance in filing your taxes.

No, this will not be reflected on your T2202. The award amount will be reflected on your T4A, which will be sent to you by mail.

Office of the Registrar and Enrolment Services

Registrar Services

South Campus, First Floor
345 6 Avenue SE

In person service hours
Monday to Thursday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Contact centre (phone/email) hours
Monday to Thursday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.

The College is closed on weekends and holidays.

  • If you are currently studying in a post-secondary program at BVC, please register for your courses via mybvc to ensure your enrolments and fees are processed appropriately.
  • Cart total based on domestic tuition rates. For information about International Tuition rates please see Fee Information
  • If you anticipate applying for a student loan, your payment will be refunded to you based on your loan award once your funding has been received by BVC.

Your cart is currently empty.

Browse Available Courses

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Learn more in our privacy policy