Online Self-Registration - General Registration FAQs
Log into your MyBVC.ca account to access self-registration under the Registration tab. Follow the step-by-step online registration instructions for information on adding and dropping courses, and more.
Learners will only see and can only register for courses in the upcoming term. For example, if you are registered in the Winter term, you will only see Winter courses; Spring or Fall courses will not appear in the registration system during the Winter registration period.
There are a maximum number of credits that students can register for in each term. Students who attempt to register in more than the allowable number of credits will receive a warning message that they've reached their maximum course load. Note: Some courses are available only once per year. Students are encouraged to connect with Academic Advising to learn more about course availability.
Your courses will appear on the My Courses page.
Your week-by-week schedule will appear on the My Schedule page. Click the Next button to view upcoming weeks.
From time to time, Bow Valley College may need to cancel courses and learner registrations due to low registration numbers or other operational issues. The College will strive to provide learners with adequate notice of cancellations, and, where possible, will make alternate arrangements for learners whose registrations are cancelled.
The Office of the Registrar may deregister learners from courses who:
- do not meet the conditions of their program acceptance;
- do not meet prerequisites, co-requisites or anti-requisites;
- do not pay required fees by the deadline posted;
- miss any classes during the add-drop period without prior notification to the instructor (who are then considered a no-show)
- violate any Bow Valley College policies; or
- have been suspended for academic or non-academic reasons.
Please contact Academic Advising. When emailing or leaving a voicemail, include your name, Student ID number, program, and your specific question(s). Including this information will result in a faster response time.
Online Course Registration - School of Health and Wellness Information FAQs
Some programs in the School of Health and Wellness do not allow self-registration for courses (the Office of the Registrar will do this for you). Please see the list of exceptions below. If you are in a program that uses online self-registration and you believe you are experiencing technical issues, contact the Office of the Registrar.
Online self-registration exceptions
Which programs DO NOT need to use the Online Self-Registration system?
- All regional programs - for example, Health Care Aide Certificate (Airdrie) or Medical Office Assistant (Strathmore)
- Nutrition Manager and Recreation Therapy Aide Certificate programs
- English Language Learning programs
- Students in prior learning programs or courses. This includes students registered in the following programs:
- Health Care Aide Prior Learning Assessment
- LEEP (Life Experience Equivalency Process)