Tech Skills to Employment
Are you unemployed? Convert your skill-set and join Calgary’s tech talent pool with our no-cost Information and Communication Technology training and work placement initiative.
This comprehensive 26-week (6.5 month) initiative combines 16 weeks (4 months) of full time classroom training with 10 weeks (2.5 months) of work placement.
Monday April 1st, 2019
Monday June 3rd, 2019
Monday July 29th, 2019
You will be required to identify your areas of interest when completing the application form. You will be placed in a pathway tailored to your individual career goals and strengths. Potential topics that lead to industry-recognized certifications and credentials could include:
- Database administration
- Computer programming
- Business analytics
- Network security
- Virtual machine software
You are eligible if you meet one of the following criteria:
- You are collecting active regular EI benefits OR
- You have recently been laid off and will qualify to receive EI benefits OR
- You have had an EI benefit period that ended within the previous 5 years OR
- You have paid sufficient employee premiums to the EI Account in at least 5 of the previous 10 calendar years
1. Complete an online application form and upload your resume
2. Complete an intake interview
3. Complete formal skills assessments (workplace essential skills testing, Microsoft Office testing, and IT aptitude testing)
Only those who demonstrate that they are the best fit will be selected for an interview.
UPDATE: Applicants are now being considered for the June 3rd or July 29th intake. If you do not hear from Bow Valley College by May 15th then you have not been selected to proceed with the application process for June; however, you may still be considered for the July intake. It is recommended to apply as early as possible to increase your chances of being selected.