Tech Skills to Employment
Are you unemployed? Convert your skill-set and join Calgary’s tech talent pool with our no-cost Information and Communication Technology training and work placement program.
This comprehensive 26-week (6.5 month) program combines 16 weeks (4 months) of full time classroom training with 10 weeks (2.5 months) of work placement.
Monday April 1st, 2019
Monday June 3rd, 2019
Monday July 29th, 2019
The program includes option courses so that your program is tailored to your individual career goals and strengths. Option courses lead to industry-recognized certifications and credentials in the areas of:
- Database administration
- Computer programming
- Business analytics
- Network security
- Virtual machine software
You are eligible if you meet one of the following criteria:
- You are collecting active regular EI benefits OR
- You have recently been laid off and will qualify to receive EI benefits OR
- You have had an EI benefit period that ended within the previous 5 years OR
- You have paid sufficient employee premiums to the EI Account in at least 5 of the previous 10 calendar years
1. Complete an online application form and upload your resume
2. Complete an intake interview
3. Complete formal skills assessments (workplace essential skills testing, Microsoft Office testing, and IT aptitude testing)
Only those who demonstrate that they are the best fit for the program will be selected for an interview. If you have not heard from the College by March 15th, then you have not been selected for the April 1st intake; however, you may still be considered for the June 3rd or July 29th intake.