Proof of vaccination
Last updated: November 3, 2021
Your safety is our priority. Due to ongoing changes in the COVID-19 situation, we have announced that Bow Valley College is requiring all individuals to provide proof of two doses of Health Canada-approved COVID-19 vaccine to enter our campuses. Read more about our COVID-19 Policy and Procedure.
Campus Security will be using the AB Covid Records Verifier app to expedite the verification and campus re-entry process. However, other forms of Government of Alberta-issued proof of vaccination will continue to be accepted until November 15, 2021. Please see below for information on how to obtain and provide proof of vaccination, including information related to vaccinations that were received outside of Alberta.
If you are looking for additional information related to accessing campus, please also visit the following pages:
We appreciate how difficult the pandemic is on each of you and will keep working to support your needs. Stay safe, keep informed and be kind to each other as we navigate this complex situation together.
How to obtain proof of vaccination
What you need every time you arrive at the College:
You will need to show your vaccine card and your student identification.
Where to find your records:
If you received your COVID-19 vaccines in Alberta or have registered your out-of-province records here, you can download your vaccine card easily and quickly through this website. Effective November 15, we will require all students to display the new enhanced health record with a QR code. Please ensure you download or print this enhanced health record here before November 15 to avoid any inconvenience in accessing campus. For students who were vaccinated outside of Alberta or Canada, please review the International verification process here.
How to show your proof of vaccination at the College:
You can print your vaccine card or save it on your phone.
- Students will be able to print their health record with QR code at the Library and Learning Commons.
- You can print your vaccine card at any Calgary Public Library location.
- You can go to any registry to print your vaccine card.
Show your card on your phone:
You can save your vaccine card as a file on your phone, or show a photo of your vaccine card. Please be ready to show your vaccine proof when you arrive at the College.
International, out-of-country or out-of-province vaccinated student information:
Students who are vaccinated outside of Alberta will need to go through the Government of Alberta vaccine record verification system
- International students can verify their out-of-country vaccination records here.
- Effective November 15 on, the College will require students to provide proof of vaccination provided by AHS and the Government of Alberta. The vaccine record verification process can take up to two weeks, so please plan accordingly.
- Until November 15, students who previously verified their out-of-country vaccine records can continue to access campus using the letter provided to them by International.
- Bow Valley College will accept proof of vaccination of a non-Health Canada-approved vaccine until January 2022. You must have two doses.
- As of January 2022, you will need to have your foreign-approved COVID-19 vaccination topped up by two doses of a Health Canada-approved vaccine or one dose of the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 vaccine.
STUDENTS STARTING IN JANUARY 2022: SUBMIT A REQUEST TO VERIFY OUT OF COUNTRY VACCINE RECORDS
Locate and update:
- You can rapidly access your card-sized COVID-19 vaccination record here. The process should take less than a minute.
- Alternatively, visit MyHealth to access your records.
- Before November 15, ensure you have downloaded your enhanced vaccination record, including a QR code. You can rapidly access your enhanced COVID-19 vaccination record here.
- Print out your vaccination record. We will have printers at our entrances to help you with this; please built time into your schedule to print your card. In addition, you can also print your record at any Calgary Public Library location before coming to campus. You can also have your vaccine proof printed at any registry.
- Supply your proof of vaccination provided by AHS. If you received your vaccine at a pharmacy you will still need to go online and get the AHS record of proof.
- Before November 15, ensure you have downloaded your enhanced vaccination record, including a QR code. You can rapidly access your card-sized COVID-19 vaccination record here. The process should take less than a minute.
- Have your vaccination record easily accessible on your smart phone.
- Make your proof of vaccination your screen saver or wallpaper, save it as a file, take a photo of it.
- Every time you come to campus bring your ID and proof of vaccine.