International Students

Last updated: February 23, 2022

This page contains information that applies specifically to International Students. For more general information visit the Current Student FAQs page.

Please email should you require any clarification on the information below.

Important updates:


On February 8, the Government of Alberta shared details for easing public health measures in the province.

Please visit our COVID Pandemic Information & Support page for updates about vaccine requirements, masking procedures, and campus access.

Effective February 14, 2022, Bow Valley College began a phased approach for in-person class delivery. Please review the most up to date information here.

Please review this page for general college updates regarding online learning for the Winter Term. 

Please note, in light of the continued closure of many IELTS testing centers due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Bow Valley College will continue to accept the Duolingo Language test for Fall 2022 applications. For questions on how to apply to Bow Valley College, please check this page.

IRCC has announced that international students can continue to study online until August 31, 2022. Click on (q.2) for more information.

Quarantine policies continue to be in effect for eligible students who wish to travel to Canada. Click on (q.3) for more information.

You must have internet access, a dedicated study space and the equipment (laptop, desktop, webcam, microphone, etc.) required to take online classes.

You must also feel comfortable with taking classes that might be offered during late hours due to the difference in time zones. Most classes are offered between 8:00AM and 4:00PM Mountain Standard Time (Calgary time). Click here to convert to your time zone. Watch our online video to understand more about online delivery. For help with any technology need, please email the BVC Help Desk at

Select courses in our Health Care Aide, Practical Nursing and Pharmacy Technician programs are to be conducted face to face, in accordance with Alberta Health Service guidelines.

For any inquiries contact us by emailing at 

All students are expected to attend class inside Canada from Fall 22. Students are highly recommended to register in-person classes when the college offers to be eligible for a Post-Graduation Work Permit.

Testing and quarantine requirements have been updated by the Government of Canada to support the safe and gradual entry of international students, which took effect February 21st, 2021.

If you are considering travelling to Canada, please check the Pre-arrival Resources page for more instructions.

No, we do not provide fee reduction. While online classes may be an adjustment and different from what students are used to, they are an effective method to achieve the job-ready skills our students need and employers' value. Our goal is to maintain our standards in teaching and learning while balancing the necessary maintenance of our campus to ensure it is safe, secure and ready for your eventual return. Our tuition reflects the tools, resources, digital licenses and materials required to offer educational excellence.

According to Gallivan: International students can now claim for eligible health services received in their home country for the upcoming benefit year. Claims for services eligible under your Student Health & Dental Plan, made from a student’s home country, with a date of service during the benefit year are eligible for reimbursement. Travel benefits are excluded.

The benefits will be paid based on the existing insurance policy according to the terms of the contract with all reimbursements, maximums, physician requirements, fee guide, frequencies, policy details, etc. remaining in force. Claims can be submitted using a standard claim form once the student is back in Canada. If a student has registered for Groupnet with a Canadian bank account, they will be able to submit claims electronically from their home country. All claims will be paid in Canadian Funds.

New!! Update regarding Health and Dental coverage for International Students who are still studying in their home country. These students will continue to be part of the program and allowed to claim benefits until December 2022.

New!! New international students studying in their home country are now eligible to opt out of the plan without proof of coverage. Should they move to Canada to complete their studies, they can opt in within 30 days of their arrival in Canada with proof of their entry into Canada.

If you have questions about the new changes, please contact our plan administrator at

Please check here for more information.

Your cart is currently empty.

Browse Available Courses


  • If you are currently studying in a post-secondary program at BVC, please register for your courses via mybvc to ensure your enrolments and fees are processed appropriately.
  • Cart total based on domestic tuition rates. For information about International Tuition rates please see Additional Fees Apply
  • If you anticipate applying for a student loan, your payment will be refunded to you based on your loan award once your funding has been received by BVC.

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Learn more in our privacy policy