LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada)
Permanent Residents and Convention Refugees/Protected Persons may be eligible to apply for the Full-time LINC or Part-time LINC programs.
About the LINC programs
- A student's class schedule will be depend on their English level.
- Part-time LINC includes classes from CLB 4 to CLB 6. In order to apply for Part-time LINC, students must have minimum benchmarks 3,3,3,3 and must have completed 10 or more years of education in their home country.
- LINC classes are not available for students with Pre-B and 1,1,1,1 benchmarks with 10 or more years of education completed in their home country.
LINC application open and closed dates
||Term start and end dates
||When to apply
|May 2, 2019 - August 21, 2019
Apply on (or after) March 1, 2019)
See below for more information
How to apply for LINC
You will need to bring:
- A completed application form
- Photo ID - PR card or driver's license
- Your immigration papers - Confirmation of Permanent Residence or Refugee Decision Letter
- Your recent Canadian Language Benchmarks results with a referral to Bow Valley College.
- If you studied at another school, you must also bring your LINC certificate
- If you do not have a benchmark test or referral, you will need to get one from ILVARC
Bring all of your documents to Bow Valley College on (or after) LINC Application Day:
LINC Application Day
Date: March 1, 2019
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. - all levels
Place: Room S2009 (ATB Hall) 2nd Floor, South Campus
Seats in LINC classes are limited. Applying early will not guarantee you a seat.
Full-time English Language Learning (ELL) and English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
Permanent residents and refugees with CLB benchmarks of 5,5,5,5 or higher may also be eligible for Full-time English Language Learning (ELL).
Permanent residents and refugees with CLB benchmarks of 6,6,6,6 or higher may also be eligible for English for Academic Purposes (EAP).
Alberta Works funding is subject to eligibility requirements.
|Applications for the Spring 2019 term are open.
|Applications for the Fall 2019 term (classes beginning August 29, 2019) will open on a date to be confirmed.
To apply, you will need to:
- Submit a paper application in-person at Bow Valley College and pay the non-refundable application fee.
- Bring your Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) test results. If you don't have CLB results, you will have to complete an English placement test at ILVARC.
- If you're applying to the English for Academic Purposes program, you'll have to write the EAP placement test at Bow Valley College. We will send you information about testing after you apply.
- Check the Alberta Works page for more information about the process to apply for Alberta Works funding.
Please note that there are more options for youth between the ages of 18 and 24.
If you have questions, contact the Prospective Student Centre
You can also find information in Spanish, French, Persian, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Persian, Arabic, or Urdu, on our multi-language website